So it’s Fat Tuesday. Let’s face it’s an excuse to throw caution (and the diet book) to the wind.
I’d like to say im an über organised mum, but I’m not and it’s very rare I would cook this for dinner (yes I said dinner!).
So here it is – pancakes and bacon – the maple kind.
Food stuffs required:
- 450g Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 50g Melted butter
- 600 ml Milk
- 14 Rashers streaky bacon
- Maple syrup
The how to:
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter and milk in a large bowl with an electric whisk – whisk until lump free.
- Lay out bacon on a baking tray and pop in a 220C oven.
- Get a good non stick pan on a medium heat. I use an ice cream scoop to make sure the batter is evenly measured. Simple scoop done mixture into the pan.
- Wait until the top is mostly popped bubbles then turn over. This bit it simple KEEP GOING UNTIL ALL BATTER IS GONE!
- Easy assembly: pancakes on plate, bacon on top drizzle with maple syrup.
I won’t lecture on portion sizes but this makes a lot of pancakes and you could make yourself look good by doing this in advance and serving for brekkie.
Obviously bacon to pancake / syrup ratio is up to you but I guarantee you probably won’t need to eat for the rest of the week!
Alternatives for something a little healthier – why not add sliced banana, strawberries or blueberries or serve with a warm chocolate sauce?