A family favourite and something that is easy to make! A really good way to use up a stale baguette.
Food stuffs required:
- 150 g butter
- 5 cloves garlic (or a good squirt of garlic paste)
- Baguette (I like to use the tiger ones)
- 5 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or mixed herbs)
The how to:
- Slice the baguette into nice diagonal slices.
- Mix the butter, garlic, herbs and sweet chilli sauce into a creamy mixture.
- Spread liberally on each slice of bread.
- Lay out on a baking tray and pop into the oven (180 degrees centigrade) for 20 minutes.
This is one of those recipes we like to play with, sprinkle with a little cheese, add some dried chilli flakes to notch up the heat or just leave out the sweet chilli completely.
This dish is best served to friends or family with the addition of a good salad and lasagne (look out for the Enchilada Lasagne recipe coming soon!), however can be enjoyed as a post night out snack in lieu of a kebab. Particularly good around Halloween to ward off any stray vampires.
CAUTION! If this is part of a romantic evening for two, make sure you both take a bite…